[rdiff-backup-users] Verify a rdiff-backup directory after copying to an

From: Hans-Christian Armingeon
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] Verify a rdiff-backup directory after copying to another machine via rsync
Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 11:17:04 +0200

Greetings,

I'm having the following problem:

I have two rdiff backup servers, that backup the whole company. One didn't
backupserverA didn't backup one system for a long time, because the initial
backup failed. So I decided to copy the rdiff-backup directory from
backupserverB, which backuped the system since the beginning.

I did this via rsync, and now I would like to verify, that all the snapshots
are OK. I did a du over the whole tree, and the trees are not equal size - I
know, this can be related to the filesystem.

So how can I verify the integrity of the complete rdiff-backup directory, down
to the first snapshot?

Thanks in advance,

Hans-Christian Armingeon