[rdiff-backup-users] Fatal Error: Destination directory....

From: Bjørn T Johansen
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] Fatal Error: Destination directory....
Date: Sun, 25 May 2008 00:50:50 +0200

I am trying to run rdiff-backup on my new computer and a fresh backup directory
but I just get the following errors
when I try to run rdiff-backup..:

Fatal Error: Destination directory

/mnt/backup

exists, but does not look like a rdiff-backup directory.  Running
rdiff-backup like this could mess up what is currently in it.  If you
want to update or overwrite it, run rdiff-backup with the --force
option.

/mnt/backup is a new and empty directory, shouldn't this work without any
hazzle? Or do I need to run it using the
--force option the first time I run rdiff-backup?
(Can't remember I had to do this before....)

Regards,

BTJ

Bjørn T Johansen

address@hidden
Someone wrote:
"I understand that if you play a Windows CD backwards you hear strange Satanic
messages"
To which someone replied: