[rdiff-backup-users] Some questions/problems about using rdiff-backup to

From: Chris G
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] Some questions/problems about using rdiff-backup to a remote system
Date: Fri, 9 May 2008 19:21:14 +0100

I am trying to use rdiff-backup to backup some files from my desktop
Fedora 8 system to a remote Ubuntu server 7.10 system and have some
questions regarding user(s) on the two systems.

On my desktop system I want to run rdiff-backup as root because I'm
backing up all of /home and thus files belong to many different users.
However the remote system, being Ubuntu, doesn't have a root user.
Will this cause any problems?

--
Chris Green