[rdiff-backup-users] Jailed shell backup issue

From: Steve Annessa
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] Jailed shell backup issue
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 13:33:32 -0400

I run:

$RDIFFBACKUP --force -v6 --exclude-sockets --exclude-device-files --exclude-fifos --exclude-filelist $EXCLD $SOURCE $DEST &> $LOGS

$EXCLD contains basic directories that I don't want, /proc /mount /special/place and so on.

I just setup a few cPanel servers and have chosen to jail all users. The backup is failing on the virtfs setup, it's hanging on the users jailed proc and various sockets. What can I do to fix this? I don't think I can create some kind of regex, there may be someone naming their directory 'proc'.

Thanks,

-- Steve