[rdiff-backup-users] Re: What do these errors indicate?

From: Chris G
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] Re: What do these errors indicate?
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 10:20:47 +0000

On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 11:05:35AM +0100, Andreas Olsson wrote:
> Den Tuesday 25 March 2008 10.35.22 skrev Chris G:
> > I'm getting these errors when I run rdiff-backup:-
> >
> >     UpdateError tmp/filter.log Updated mirror temp file
> >     /rdiffBackup/gradwell/tmp/rdiff-backup.tmp.11059 does not match source
> >     UpdateError tmp/mail.log Updated mirror temp file
> >     /rdiffBackup/gradwell/tmp/rdiff-backup.tmp.11072 does not match source
> >
> > What do they mean exactly?
>
> http://wiki.rdiff-backup.org/wiki/index.php/UpdateErrorOne

OK, thank you, an excellent explanation.  I think it's rarely that
this will happen in practice (the log files there changing while
rdiff-backup is running), it's only some debug logging of a script
that filters my personal incoming mail.  I'm not fussed about the log
files not being backed up either.

--
Chris Green