[rdiff-backup-users] fatal error: new quoting requirements

From: Gerhard Börjesson
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] fatal error: new quoting requirements
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2008 13:20:19 +0100

Hello.

When I tried to run rdiff-backup today I got the following error message:
Fatal Error: New quoting requirements!

Everything was the same as before, the same filesystems, so I don't see why
the requirements should have changed. I edited the file chars_to_quote to
match the requirements listed, then tried again. Then I got this message:

---
Fatal Error: New quoting requirements!

The quoting chars this session needs (A-Z-"*/:<>?\\|;) do not match
the repository settings (A-Z-"*/:<>?\\|;) listed in

/media/LACIE/backup/rdiff-backup-data/chars_to_quote
---

As you can see the needed characters are identical to the one in the
repository settings. So why does it still not work?

Please CC any answers to address@hidden, as I'm not subscribed to the
mailing list.

Regards,
Gerhard Börjesson