Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Where did the restored folder go to?

From: Martin Fisher
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Where did the restored folder go to?
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 08:15:39 -0300

I am working on a temporary laptop whilst my usual is being mended. This
event has caused me to consolidate all of my chaotic file systems and
backups into one home folder on the temporary laptop, and into an
rdiff-backup backup folder of this on an external usb drive. I did this
yesterday, and not all in one go, and thus the folders and files are as
per the first time rdiff-backup ran plus the increments (I have set
rdiff-backup to run hourly).

I am confident that all of the folders and files that I have on my
temporary laptop now, and as backed up on rdiff-backup, are what I will
need to restore to my mended laptop (i.e. I am not concerned with any
files that have been deleted over the course of yesterday and today but
may be present in my rdiff-backup backup directory). How can I do a full
restore from my rdiff-backup backup directory that will reflect my home
folder as it is now on my temporary laptop (and as it is in my
rdiff-backup backup dir but obviously split over the first backup plus
increments).

With thanks! Martin

--
Dr Martin Fisher
Editor, Oryx - The International Journal of Conservation

e-mail address@hidden
tel +44 (0)20 81238513
skype martin_pescador

Oryx online http://journals.cambridge.org/action/displayJournal?jid=ORX