Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Error in

From: Mario Doering
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Error in
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2007 16:42:51 +0200

On Thu, 6 Sep 2007 16:19:03 +0200
David <address@hidden> wrote:

> > If yes, a login there is not possible. It is a terastation (=black
> > box) with only access via cifs.
>
> So your backup involves "pushing" to the terastation
>

> > And this share is mounted on the linux system running rdiff-backup
> > (which I meant with locally, cause the data it wants to back up is
> > on a remote host :) )
>
> So, if I understand you correctly, you're backing up from one network
> mount point to another? rdiff-backup pulls from source box, and your
> mount point "pushes" it over the network to the terastation. That's
> the kind of push I meant.
>
> Graphically:
>
> [source box] -> [your box, running rdiff-backup] -> [terastation with
> cifs share]

It's even a bit more complicated here ;)

[a few windows servers] -> [mounted at linux box] -> internet -> [linux
box running rdiff pulling the files] -> [terastation with cifs share]

%)

hihi.. and beside these minor problems it works (so far) :D

> You may be able to fix your current problem by running the regression
> locally (after an rsync), then rsync your updated rdiff-backup
> destination over to the cifs share (move the broken destination
> somewhere else first, then remove it later if your new backup dest
> works).

Yes, that is a good workaround until a bugfix is available! At least as
long as there is enough space left :)