[rdiff-backup-users] Is there a "-mount" option to rdiff-backup

From: Anthony Toole
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] Is there a "-mount" option to rdiff-backup
Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 23:09:35 +0100

Hi,

I've been using rdiff-backup for a while to backup a sever, but recently hit a
problem.

It looks like we have people mounting eg. /home under eg. /home/someuser/foo -
such that backing up
/home/someuser makes the backup set huge and hit recursion problems I suspect.

So is there an option to rdiff-backup to not traverse mount points, so we only
stick to a single
device?  ie. something like the "-mount" option for find..

[rdiff-backup does have the '--exclude-other-filesystems' option - but wouldn't
do anything in this case, as /home and /home/someuser are both on the same
underlying device]

Thanks,
Anthony