Re: [rdiff-backup-users] remove broken from-the-future increment?

From: Maarten Bezemer
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] remove broken from-the-future increment?
Date: Sat, 19 May 2007 23:25:59 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

On Sat, 19 May 2007, dean gaudet wrote:

> > Are you sure that touch alone will help (and not break the backup
> > repository?)
>
> yeah you're right, a lot more editing is required... sorry, you'll either
> need to dive in and do all the editing or ditch your rdiff-backup-data
> subdir and lose the history (and start the next backup with a --force so
> it'll create that subdir).

Just a thought (I didn't even bother testing it...)
If you create a current-mirror file belonging to the previous run, would
rdiff-backup see that and assume the last (future) backup wasn't finished
and regress to the previous one?
(If it complains about the future date, would it hurt if you set your
clock to the future date again, and set it back after the regression?)

Good luck!

--
Maarten