Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Problem with CIFS and Hard Links

From: Andrew Ferguson
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Problem with CIFS and Hard Links
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 09:53:33 -0400

Mario Doering wrote:
> On Mon, 19 Mar 2007 10:18:48 -0400
> Andrew Ferguson <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> I have done some more reading about the Samba options. Can you run
>> `testparm -v /path/to/smb.conf`
>>
>> This will give the output of all of the settings for the troublesome
>> Samba server so I can set mine up identically and recreate this bug.
>> In particular "default case" "case sensitive" "preserve case" "short
>> preserve case" and a few DOS options could be the clue here.
>

> That is not easy, because there is no access to the samba configuration.

Hmm, ok. Maybe we can find a way to get the config options remotely.

Can you try the following commands in the meantime:

$ cd /path/to/terrastation/mount
$ touch A
$ ls a
$ rm a
$ ls A

and send back the output? This is the series of commands rdiff-backup
effectively executes on the way to causing the troublesome exception.

Thanks,
Andrew

--
Andrew Ferguson - address@hidden