Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Problem with CIFS and Hard Links

From: Doug Renfrew
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Problem with CIFS and Hard Links
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2007 14:28:59 -0500

Mounting options were in the original email, reproduced below. I am
using cifs with the default options. I am not sure what those are
specifically.

//111.222.333.444/backup  /backup  cifs
defaults,username=backup,password=12345678 0 0

I am willing to try any test you want

On 3/2/07, Andrew Ferguson <address@hidden> wrote:
Doug Renfrew wrote:
> The problem is with the samba configuration on the device mimicking
> the the case preserving but still case insensitive behavior of older
> Windows. Unfortunately I am unable to change the samba settings with
> installing hacked firmware on the device because by default the device
> only give the admin the ability to configure the device through a web
> interface.

That shouldn't be the problem because the Mac OS X file system, HFS+, is
case-insensitive but case-preserving and doesn't have any problem with
this code. How are you mounting the windows share? SMB? or CIFS? with
what mount options? (rw, mand) perhaps?

I really wish I could reproduce this bug, but so far I haven't been able to.

Andrew

--
Andrew Ferguson - address@hidden

P. Douglas Renfrew
Graduate Student
Molecular and Cellular Biophysics Program
Dept. Biochemistry and Biophysics
Unv. of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
cell: (919)618-0700
lab: (919)843-1294