Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Using custom port numbers?

From: Spandex
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Using custom port numbers?
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2007 01:36:35 +0000

Mikkel Høgh wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> Since I wanted to use rdiff-backup to backup my servers across the
> web, I was wondering whether it is how it's possible to use a
> non-standard port number for SSH with rdiff-backup - I cannot find any
> documentation, except how _not_ to do it:
> http://wiki.rdiff-backup.org/wiki/index.php/FAQs#Not_making_remote_connections.3F
>
> I this can be done in some way or another
>
> (Please reply directly, since I'm not subscribed to this list)

I've done this by defining a host in "config" in my .ssh dir.

e.g.

host myhost
     hostname example.com
     user bob
     compression yes
     port 10022

then just specify "myhost" as the hostname and it will use the params
from your config file, including the nonstandard port num. e.g.

rdiff-backup /some/path myhost::/some/path

Regards,

Matt