Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Chinese characters in filenames on Cygwin + Win

From: David Kempe
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Chinese characters in filenames on Cygwin + Win XP
Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2007 06:52:36 +1100

It should take a list of chars to quote to override as arguments I think. On windows I have used

--override-chars-to-quote '' I think...

dave

Qiqi Yan wrote:
What's wrong? I noticed the semicolons in the file name mentioned in the
message, which I guess is the cause. (semicolons are not allowed in MS
windows.) Do they appear because of --override-chars-to-quote? Any way to get
around it?

I've little experience with cygwin or linux. Hope I've been clear enough.