Re: [rdiff-backup-users] backup to remote server fails and won't recover

From: Maarten Bezemer
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] backup to remote server fails and won't recover
Date: Sat, 4 Nov 2006 23:21:40 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

What's the exact setup you're using? (source, destination, as root or as
normal user, etc.)
As far as I know, backing up TO a samba filesystem is not a
"supported" way of using rdiff-backup.

If you wipe the rdiff-backup-data directory, you should at least need to
add the --force argument, IIRC. In that case, all files do indeed show as
being transfered, but librsync should result in no bytes being tranfered
if source and destination match.

Maarten