[rdiff-backup-users] ignore errors directive for rdiff-backup

From: J. Norment
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] ignore errors directive for rdiff-backup
Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2006 13:03:29 -0500

I have a host of permissions issues that may or may not be solvable (that were introduced as a result of allowing the users to restore their own files.) I know this is not good form, however, I am a contractor, and not necessarily going to be available for the future. I have created a special user account to handle the backups and restores, the only real issues that I have left are permissions.

Generally, any time there are permissions issues, it is because a linux-specific file has special permissions set. (Such as .ICEauthority) Since I am actually backing up data files on a Linux server, I don't care about these files. I want the user to be able to issue rdiff-backup and rdiff-backup complain, but not break out of, restoring the files. (Backing up files is not a problem because that is done automatically as root.)

Is there a directive to do this?

Thanks!

--J.