[rdiff-backup-users] Lock file

From: Sebastien Maret
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] Lock file
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 16:18:37 -0400

I use rdiff-backup to backup my home directory on a desktop computer
with a cron job. From time to time, the backup fails because of a lost
connection, for example when I move my laptop from one place to the
other.

When this occurs, the next backup fails because rdiff-backup believes
that there is still a process running, although it is not the case. Is
this a bug in the way rdiff-backup check if an other process is
running?

That's a bit annoying, because when this happens, I need to regress
the backup directory by hand before starting an other backup
process. I remember that earlier versions of ridff-backup would check
if a previous backup has failed, and would regress the backup dir
automatically before doing the backup.

I am running rdiff-backup 1.1.5 on macosx 10.4.7 on both computers.