Re: [rdiff-backup-users] TypeError: "'NoneType' object is not callable

From: dean gaudet
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] TypeError: "'NoneType' object is not callable
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 10:53:05 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 19 Jul 2006, Jes Kasper Klittum wrote:

> > none of that seems very likely...
> >
> > can you attach strace to the rdiff-backup process on the remote host?
> > "strace -o tracefile -p $pid"  ... hopefully there'll be some hint at the
> > very end.  if that doesn't help then also try figuring out the ssh
> > processes and shell and tracing those too...
>
> Attached is the last lines before it died.

assuming that you were tracing the remote rdiff-backup then it appears to
be getting an EOF on stdin... which makes me think there's something going
on in the transport layer... not sure what though -- but you could do more
stracing.

you could also try to figure out the tcp session port and then tcpdump
that session and look at what happens near the end -- see which side sends
the FIN first... then go strace the sshd on that side.

this might help <http://arctic.org/~dean/circular.tar.gz> ... it's just a
buffer i tack on the end of strace outputs when i know there'll be a lot
of output and i only really need a few MiB of it at the very end to
diagnose the problem.

-dean