Re: [rdiff-backup-users] SpecialFileError, UpdateError

From: dean gaudet
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] SpecialFileError, UpdateError
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2006 23:02:50 -0700 (PDT)

On Tue, 6 Jun 2006, Chris Wilson wrote:

> Hi Felix,
>
> On Tue, 6 Jun 2006, Felix E. Klee wrote:
>
> > So, you think that 5 minutes for rdiff-backup'ing a small incremental of a 7
> > GB file system won't be possible in the near future?
>
> Well, I hate to say it but this has been a well-known issue for at least six
> months and nothing has happened yet. If I knew Python and I was a bit more
> motivated I would fix it myself.

i'd guess ben is busy with other things (i.e. work), so he's probably not
going to get to it (or fixing the 1.1.x regressions) any time soon...

i'm also busy and rdiff-backup 1.0.4+cvs HEAD jfw for me... so i have very
little motivation to fix bugs at the moment :)

but hey, if someone sends patches i can commit them even if ben remains
busy... although even then i sometimes don't have time to review anything
but obvious bug fixes (and i don't have any setup or desire to deal with
anything but unix -> unix backups).

i think there's at least one more person with commit privs...

anyhow, this is a situation where if there's someone in the community with
the desire to learn python and rdiff-backup you could really help us out.

-dean