[rdiff-backup-users] Cleversafe Dispersed Storage and rdiff-backup

From: Matt England
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] Cleversafe Dispersed Storage and rdiff-backup
Date: Tue, 06 Jun 2006 09:13:08 -0500

Hello rdiff-backup community,

I am a project leader for the Cleversafe Dispersed Storage project:

http://www.cleversafe.com/technology/storage_retrieval
http://www.cleversafe.org/

I'm also a relatively-new rdiff-backup user (you may have seen my previous list posts) and have been analyzing rdiff-backup's capabilities for potential emulation and/or integration with Cleversafe's technology:

http://forums.cleversafe.org/viewtopic.php?t=63
http://forums.cleversafe.org/viewtopic.php?t=65
http://forums.cleversafe.org/viewtopic.php?t=66

(Sorry this not all in one thread; mail2forum.com's current rev sometimes doesn't sync the email threads well.)

I write this note to be an effective introduction of Cleversafe to the rdiff-backup project to see what if any synergy might exist between the 2 projects in the future, including the long-term future.

Also note that a separate Cleversafe project stakeholder may be joining in this conversation because I'm farming out requirements analysis for our software to others involved in our project.

-Matt