Re: [rdiff-backup-users] rdiff-backup performance stats.

From: dean gaudet
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] rdiff-backup performance stats.
Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 01:31:05 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 24 May 2006, Steve Clement wrote:

> dean gaudet wrote:
>
> >rdiff-backup --remote-schema '%s' src 'rdiff-backup --server'::dst

> Well ssh is not the best file carrier, scp for instance is slow as...
> but there is a HPN Patch:

i think you missed my point... "remote" rdiff-backup is slow even when
there's no disk i/o, no net i/o and there isn't even localhost involved,
so there's no tcp, ssh, etc.  basically it's slow even when you've just
got two rdiff-backup processes connected to each other through a pipe.

so looking at other sources of slowness might not help much :)

-dean