[rdiff-backup-users] --no-resource-forks

From: Colby Gutierrez-Kraybill
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] --no-resource-forks
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 11:17:49 -0800

Hi,

Did not find a reference to this in the archives:

There are mentions of the "--no-resource-forks" parameter in the archives, (http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/rdiff-backup-users/ 2005-11/msg00084.html, among others) however, in 1.1.5, the parameter is not listed among the available parameters in the getopt.getopt (...) section for Main.py (starting at line 60).

However, it is in the processing section on line 178. I went ahead and added the "no-resource-forks" string to the section starting at line 60 and have been able to run this under macosx (I backup to a macosx machine and so don't care about resource forks on the non- macosx machines being backedup).

Is there a specific reason the option is not in the list of candidate options in 1.1.5?

Colby Gutierrez-Kraybill
address@hidden