[rdiff-backup-users] backup error due to different versions of rdiff-bac

From: Dr. Scott S. Jones
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] backup error due to different versions of rdiff-backup
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 15:26:53 -0700

I am experiencing a strange backup problem, as described below:

address@hidden:~$ rdiff-backup --test-server
address@hidden::/usr/archive/ address@hidden::/home/scott/rdb
Password:
Warning: Local version 1.1.5 does not match remote version 0.13.4.
Testing server started by:  ssh -C address@hidden rdiff-backup --server
Server OK
Testing server started by:  ssh -C address@hidden rdiff-backup --server
Server may work, but there is a version mismatch:
Local version: 1.1.5
Remote version: 0.13.4

In general, an attempt is made to guarantee compatibility only between
different minor versions of the same stable series.  For instance, you
should expect 0.12.4 and 0.12.7 to be compatible, but not 0.12.7
and 0.13.3, nor 0.13.2 and 0.13.4.

My questions:

How do I get both to be the same versions? I run Debian 3.1 on both machines
and keep things updated with apt-get update/upgrade.

Scott