Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Feature suggestion: Ability to keep a certain n

From: sim
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Feature suggestion: Ability to keep a certain number of snapshots
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 19:53:21 -0800

> On Wed, 18 Jan 2006, Peter Schuller wrote:
> Often I would find it very useful to be able to say "keep the N newest
> snapshots and remove the rest", which is safer.

Peter,
This feature already exists in rdiff-backup. From the 'Time Formats'
section of the man page:

6.  A  backup  session  specification  which is a non-negative integer
followed by 'B'.  For
     instance, '0B' specifies the time of the current mirror, and '3B'
specifies the time  of
     the 3rd newest increment.

--
sim