Re: [rdiff-backup-users] "Corrupted MAC on input" error

From: David Kempe
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] "Corrupted MAC on input" error
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 15:21:34 +1100

Walter Hop wrote:
I grabbed a 500MB file and scp'ed it repeatedly across the network
from the problem client to various hosts to see if I could recreate
the ssh error outside of rdiff-backup. The error happened here as
well, so it seems to be related to large streams of data, and the
problem is not due to some input that rdiff-backup throws at ssh.

we have solved similar problems where we had no control over some of the lower layers, by implementing a openvpn tunnel. SSH over openvpn seems to improve in reliability a little. I know it sounds whack, but it works.

dave