Re: [rdiff-backup-users] The rdiff-backup poll!

From: Ben Escoto
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] The rdiff-backup poll!
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2005 00:17:57 -0600

> By the way, in case you didn't know, Sourceforget uses rdiff-backup for
                                       ^^^^^^^^^^^^?
> their backup strategy. Well done!

Thanks for the heads-up.  I sent a message to the guy that set up the
Sourceforge system (I hope it won't start getting called
"Sourceforget" after they implement this new system).  It should be
interesting to see how they use rdiff-backup.

When I was looking for full-featured hosting for rdiff-backup a few
years ago I considered applying to Sourceforge.  However VA Linux was
one of the worst hit of the internet boom stocks
(http://finance.yahoo.com/q/bc?s=LNUX&t=my&l=on&z=m&q=l&c=) and I
predicted that Sourceforge would close down in a few months.  I went
with Savannah, which I thought was a safer bet.

Savannah is good, but I was totally wrong about Sourceforge.  Go
figure.