Re: [rdiff-backup-users] metadata and changed files

From: Ben Escoto
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] metadata and changed files
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2005 23:47:15 -0600

Also, I should mention that another possibility is allowing the
rdiff-backup-data directory to be on another machine entirely.  (By
specifying, for instance, --data-location address@hidden::/dir.)
Originally I considered this but chose the laziest option, which is
restricting it to mirror/rdiff-backup-data.

So here might be a way to summarize the options:

1)  Data dir must be mirror/rdiff-backup-data (status quo).
2)  Data dir must be in the mirror directory, but may not be named
    rdiff-backup-data.
3)  Data dir must be on the same machine, but can be in a different
    directory/partition.
4)  Data dir can be on a different machine.