Re: [rdiff-backup-users] rdiff-backup error handling

From: Ben Escoto
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] rdiff-backup error handling
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 23:44:34 -0600

> Ben, the most common traceback I see is that caused by a failure in
> the underlying network (some of my customers connect via ADSL and it
> does sometimes drop the connection).

I cleaned up the error messages in 1.1.3 a bit.  The goal is that you
shouldn't see a stack trace for any forseeable error.  1.1.3 doesn't
post a stack trace if you get a fatal error from user abort
(e.g. Control-C to terminal), signal, or lose a network connection.

If anyone finds more errors where a stack trace is unnecessary, post
them and I'll take a look.