Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Fwd: Anacron job 'rdiff-backup.weekly'

From: Ben Escoto
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Fwd: Anacron job 'rdiff-backup.weekly'
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 21:52:59 -0600

> I get this error even after using --exclude-sockets!
>
> Begin forwarded message:
> > Previous backup seems to have failed, regressing destination now.
> > IOError: [Errno 1] Operation not permitted: '/Volumes/RDIFF-BACKUP/
> > Backup/private/var/launchd/0/sock'

Well it seems to be regressing, and the session that its trying to
reset the repository to has a sock there.  (--exclude doesn't work on
regressions, those always work on the entire archive.)

I forget what the problem with /private/var/launchd/0/sock was, but if
you can get it to work once (by giving it more permissions or
whatever) it should work from then on.

Worst case you'll have to hack your archive manually, for instance by
editing out the mention of that sock file from your mirror_metadata.
But it seems weird to me that you are getting this error, since a
socket should have only gotten in to your mirror_metadat in the first
place if at some time it successfully made that file.