[rdiff-backup-users] Re: rdiff-backup-users Digest, Vol 36, Issue 17

From: Murali Vadivelu
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] Re: rdiff-backup-users Digest, Vol 36, Issue 17
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 06:55:36 +0000

Thirdly, when using --remove-older-than, if there are no increments that need to be removed, I see a message, apparently on standard error, saying
something like

"No increments older than Tue Nov 22 11:46:48 2005 found, exiting."

Isn't this somewhat unnecessary? This seems hardly to merit a message at
all, let alone one on standard error.

Ok, I'll remove that message.

I am SORRY that I DISAGREE. I find the message a useful feedback tool. Especially, when my laptop is backed up at random times with weeks in between.