Re: [rdiff-backup-users] 1.1.2: error with -v 9

From: Blair Zajac
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] 1.1.2: error with -v 9
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2005 21:37:51 -0800

dean gaudet wrote:
On Sun, 6 Nov 2005, Blair Zajac wrote:

  File "/sw/lib/python2.4/site-packages/rdiff_backup/log.py", line 135, in
log_to_term
    termfp.write(self.format(message, self.term_verbosity))
IOError: [Errno 35] Resource temporarily unavailable

you know there's no reason i can think of we would get EAGAIN from sys.stdout.write ... unless we've set it to non-blocking somewhere?

do you have strace or ktrace or something? i don't know what OSX has in this area... try [sk]tracing a short run with -v9 and put it somewhere i can peer at it... we're looking for fcntl(1, F_SETFL, ...)...

-dean

Dean,

The only thing I could think of is that there's a formatting error with the logging on either end of the ssh connection and one end closes their end, causing the other to get something like this error.

In any case, I just tried running the command again right now to use ktrace on and can't reproduce it, so I guess we'll "close" this issue, unless I run into it again, and then I'll ktrace it on the spot.

Regards,
Blair

--
Blair Zajac, Ph.D.