Re: [rdiff-backup-users] 1.1.2 restore error with readonly backup

From: Ben Escoto
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] 1.1.2 restore error with readonly backup
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 23:30:52 -0600

> Trying to restore from an rdiff-backup created by root as my normal
> user, I got this stack trace:
> Is there a bug here in the logging code?  Without the -v 9, I didn't
> get any message that something was wrong.

Yes, I think there is a bug in the error code, I will look at it.  But
Sheldon Hearn is right, there is an issue with the setup you are
attempting (but I wouldn't call it a "bug" exactly).  The problem is
that there are probably some files in the repository that you have
insufficient permissions to read as the non-root user.