Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Feature requests questions/discussion

From: Fran Firman
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Feature requests questions/discussion
Date: Fri, 04 Nov 2005 14:35:29 +1300

I think the hashing of the files is worth the overhead. At work we
currently keep 3 months of backups on our backup server ~ 1.4TBytes of
data.

I would like the hash values to be available for reporting against, so
that I can also do the equ of tripwire on the servers.

ie these files changed, these files were added and these files were
deleted.

At the moment I find a lot of false positives. ie a file is backed up
when it has not changed at all. When I was first reading about
rdiff-backup, and that it used rsync-lib, it seemed to be a side affect
of the rsync library. It had to do with the method that rsync figured
out what had changed.

F.