[rdiff-backup-users] NFS question

From: tech1
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] NFS question
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2005 21:29:10 -0600

Hi,

I am new to Rdiff-Backup.  I am wanting to use rdiff to backup several linux servers to one linux backup server.
I may also want to backup Windows computers with rdiff at some point in time.  I am trying to keep from having
to install rdiff on each machine.  All machines will be on the same local network.
If I use NFS to mount each server to be backed up to the backup server, will that work.  I am pretty new to
all of this, but I did try a few test with a couple of NFS mounts will smaller directories (about 1 gig) and it seemed
to work fine.  If someone has another way to do it (without installing rdiff on each machine) please let me know.
Also I am looking for a GUI  or web interface to use with it. I found this one:
 http://freshmeat.net/projects/rdiffbackupweb/
Can anyone recommend it or another one.
Thanks for any comments,
Bill