Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Backup Rotation?

From: Keith Edmunds
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Backup Rotation?
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 13:27:31 +0100

Alastair Rankine wrote:
Does rdiff-backup plan to support backup rotation? Perhaps grandfather-father-son or even towers of hanoi backup rotation?

rdiff-backup already allows you to restore from any arbitrary date in the past, and to purge all backups before a given date.

GFS and Towers of Hannoi are _techniques_ to achieve a result rather than an end in themselves. What is it you actually want to be able to do that you do not believe rdiff-backup provides today? I suspect we can help you do it with rdiff-backup as it stands.

Regards,
Keith