[rdiff-backup-users] Interaction between --exclude and --restrict-update

From: Erik Forsberg
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] Interaction between --exclude and --restrict-update-only
Date: 13 Sep 2005 11:36:13 +0200

Hi!

If I understand correctly, specifying some kind of --exclude on the
client side will make the server side remove all traces of the
excluded path/files. I.e., the result will be like if the excluded
path/file never existed, and it will not be possible to restore
anything from below that path. Am I right?

How does this interact with --restrict-update-only? If I have a
server, which I access using ssh, that has --restrict-update-only on
its commandline (as specified in command= in public key), how does a
--exclude work?

Regards,
\EF
--
Erik Forsberg                Telephone: +46-13-21 46 00
Cendio AB                    Web: http://www.cendio.com