Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Possible python 2.3 dependency?

From: Ben Escoto
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Possible python 2.3 dependency?
Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2005 19:13:25 -0500

>       try: self.conn.os.mknod(self.path, mode, self.conn.os.makedev(major,
> minor))
> AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'mknod'

> So it seems that rdiff-backup 1.0.0 doesn't like python 2.2? I
> really don't want to upgrade python on this box (it would be easier
> to upgrade the whole OS, or to extract teeth from an angry camel).

Yes, rdiff-backup is meant to only require python 2.2.  If you avoided
backing up device files (--exclude-device-files) you wouldn't get the
error you got, so that may be an easy workaround.

I'll look at it in a bit, maybe I can just take the os.mknod code out
of python 2.4 and stick it in rdiff-backup.