[rdiff-backup-users] Error message with Extended Attributes

From: Paul Cuttriss
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] Error message with Extended Attributes
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 18:33:59 +0100

Hi All

Odd error as can be seen by the output below. Is it just me being stupid
(again!) or what :-)

Any help/pointers appreciated.

Basically rdiff-backup is reporting different EA abilities for the same
filesystem..........I run a test from one local directory to another and
this is what I get. This was first detected in a test from to a remote
host. Seems to be the same on a local filesystem.

Cheers

Paul C

# rdiff-backup -V
rdiff-backup 1.0.0

# mount
/dev/md/2 on / type ext3 (rw,noatime,acl)

# rdiff-backup -v 4 /tmp/backup /tmp/backup1
Detected abilities for source (read only) file system:
  Access control lists                         On
  Extended attributes                          On
  Mac OS X style resource forks                Off
  Mac OS X Finder information                  Off
Warning: ownership cannot be changed on filesystem at
/tmp/backup1/rdiff-backup-data
Extended attributes not supported by filesystem at
/tmp/backup1/rdiff-backup-data/rdiff-backup.tmp.0
Detected abilities for destination (read/write) file system:
  Characters needing quoting                   ''
  Ownership changing                           Off
  Hard linking                                 On
  fsync() directories                          On
  Directory inc permissions                    On
  Access control lists                         On
  Extended attributes                          Off
  Mac OS X style resource forks                Off
  Mac OS X Finder information                  Off
Starting increment operation /tmp/backup to /tmp/backup1