Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Re: rdiff unattended backup questions.

From: Keith Edmunds
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Re: rdiff unattended backup questions.
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 16:18:01 +0100

Noah wrote:
this is syntax for running a remote command, right?  that is _not_ what I am
attempting to do.  I want to initiate the rdiff-backup command on the server
that is getting backed up.

Noah, this is NOT the syntax for running a remote command. At the risk of repeating what I and others have said here, and also what I've said in personal mail, you need to READ the ssh documentation.

Do you have any clues how I can designate the destination ssh port?

man 5 ssh_config

--
Keith Edmunds

|  Tiger Computing Ltd  |  Helping businesses make the most of Linux  |
|  "The Linux Company"  |    http://www.TheLinuxConsultancy.co.uk     |