Re: [rdiff-backup-users] SECURITY: Not all file ops accessed via vetted

From: Keith Edmunds
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] SECURITY: Not all file ops accessed via vetted RPath objects? Also a path prefixing patch
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 08:03:30 +0100

Charles Duffy wrote:
Hmm. See, my concern is protecting inappropriate files on host from
being accessed. Perhaps I'll want to use a different security layer in
addition to application-based measures.

Charles, I know that you are against each server having its own username on the backup server, but that is _exactly_ what having individual server accounts will give you. That's how I implement backups, albeit for fewer servers than you have, and it works very well. You could spend a lot of time trying to find the ideal solution...

Keith

--
Keith Edmunds

|  Tiger Computing Ltd  |  Helping businesses make the most of Linux  |
|  "The Linux Company"  |    http://www.TheLinuxConsultancy.co.uk     |