[rdiff-backup-users] Version 1.0.0 released

From: Ben Escoto
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] Version 1.0.0 released
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2005 12:20:51 -0500

Version 1.0.0 has been released.  This release comes from the 0.13.x
tree, and could have been called 0.13.7.

rdiff-backup is more than four years old now, so I thought it's time
it had a version 1+.  (Originally I was going to wait until librsync
had their version 1.0, but I'm not sure that's ever going to happen
:))  And the basic rdiff-backup functions are pretty stable.  Features
recent to the 0.13.x tree like resource forks or ACLs may just be
considered beta.

Here is the relevant part of the CHANGELOG since 0.13.6:

New in v1.0.0 (2005/08/14)
--------------------------

Handle cases of junk uid/gids better on 64bit systems.  (Bug report by
Nick Bailey)

Filenames in the file_statistics*gz files are now quoted the same way
as filenames in the metadata file (LF => \n and \ => \\).

Fix from Paul P Komkoff Jr for uid typo in text_to_entrytuple.

bug#12726: fix regressing of devices while running as non-root -- zero
length files are created as placeholders.

bug#13476: must always compare device numbers when we compare inode
numbers -- fix a non-fatal problem with hardlinks when a filesystem is
moved to another device (and the inodes don't change).

bug#13475: correct an UpdateError when backing up hardlinks with EAs
and/or ACLs.

debian bug#306798: SELinux security attributes can not be removed and
rdiff-backup should not fail when it fails to remove them from temp
files.  fix from Konrad Podloucky.

bug#12949: eliminate an exception during fs abilities testing on OS X 10.4.
fix from Daniel Westermann-Clark.

patch#4136: OSX filename/rsrc has been deprecated for some time, and as of OSX
10.4 it causes log spam.  the new proper use is filename/..namedfork/rsrc.  fix
from Daniel Westermann-Clark.

Log EACCES from listxattr rather than raising an exception -- this can happen
when the repository has permission problems.

Added Keith Edmunds patch adding the --create-full-path option.

Fixed selection bug reported by Daniel Richard G.

bug#13576: You can now back ACLs to a computer that doesn't have the
posix1e module.

bug#13613: Fix for overflow error that could happen when backing up
files with dates far in the future on a 64bit machine to a 32 bit one.

Symlink ownership should be preserved now.  Reported by Naoki
Takebayashi and others.