[rdiff-backup-users] 0.13.6 on macosx with many "odd" chars in filenames

From: Hunter Matthews
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] 0.13.6 on macosx with many "odd" chars in filenames.
Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 19:36:06 -0400

I'm trying to backup a large lab of bioinformatics french speaking osx
users. [No, it doesn't get any better than that]

I'm getting a huge number of errors related to accents in filenames (^
or ` or ' over a character).

Since its virtually impossible for me to know what non-US characters
someone may use in a file I really should be backing up, is there any
way to tell rdiff-backup to just quote everything?

Examples below:
Warning, metadata file has entry for cg19/Desktop/Cecile/recettes/Bûche
de Noel.doc,
but there are no associated files.
Warning, metadata file has entry for
cg19/Desktop/Cecile/recettes/Bûches.doc,
but there are no associated files.
Warning, metadata file has entry for cg19/Desktop/Cecile/recettes/Cakes
salés.doc,
but there are no associated files.
Warning, metadata file has entry for cg19/Desktop/Photo/Soirée
crèpes1,
but there are no associated files.
Warning, metadata file has entry for cg19/Desktop/Photo/Soirée
crèpes1/.DS_Store,
but there are no associated files.

--
Hunter Matthews                          Unix / Network Administrator
Office: BioScience 145/244               Duke Univ. Biology Department