Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Dev status report and request for maintainer/co

From: David Kempe
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Dev status report and request for maintainer/co-maintainer
Date: Mon, 04 Apr 2005 20:16:36 +1000

Ben Escoto wrote:
Hi, I don't feel forced to continue, I plan to keep working a bit on
it even if a new maintainer steps up.  But consider all the added
features from 0.12 -> 0.13:  resource fork, extended attributes, ACLs,
filesystem autodetection, user/group mapping, etc.  If there are
similar advances in the future someone else would have to implement
most of them.

I am happy to become a co-maintainer of rdiff-backup.
I feel I can commit the time of myself or one of my staff to get to know the code a bit better. I have to say that I'm not a python programmer, just heavy user of rdiff-backup and would look to others for useful programming expertise.

So, I am happy to help to ease Ben's burden, but I am not sure I am the right person for the job. I may be able to conjole some people I know into it tho :)

thanks
dave