Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Truncated header string

From: Keith Edmunds
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Truncated header string
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 13:59:34 +0000

On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 14:50:49 +0200
Sheldon Hearn <address@hidden> wrote:

> What's interesting is that this has been reported many times, by many
> people, and doesn't seem to have been addressed.  Is rdiff-backup
> unmaintained, or is it just that folks with the clue to fix it haven't
> seen the problem themselves?

I'd hesitate to say it's unmaintained - while he was around, Ben (the
author) was extremely helpful. As I understand it he's changed his working
day (I think he was at university and how now left), and doesn't seem to
have time for rdiff-backup anymore. So yes, I suppose it is unmaintained.
There are a few patches around, but it would be good to collate them.

Is anyone in touch with Ben?

     Business computing support: http://www.tiger-computing.co.uk
       Linux consultancy: http://www.TheLinuxConsultancy.co.uk