RE: [rdiff-backup-users] CRC checksum and other "minor" errors

From: Olav Langeland
Subject: RE: [rdiff-backup-users] CRC checksum and other "minor" errors
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2005 12:31:11 +0100

Hi,

this is the same problem I discovered and is for me the only
show-stopper regarding rdiff-backup. We have several logfiles where
daily rotating is not ideal and rdiff-backup ofcourse skips these. Since
changes in the logfile makes the MD5 checksum invalid, I can see why it
skips by default. But it would be nice, really nice, if it had a switch
for ignoring it and backup the file regardless of filechange.

-olav