Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Mac OS X: quoting upper case

From: Keith Edmunds
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Mac OS X: quoting upper case
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2005 17:17:31 +0000

On Wed, 5 Jan 2005 11:34:15 -0500
Alan Curtis <address@hidden> wrote:

> I did notice that in the backup directory, all the capital letters in
> the filenames were replaced by quoted number strings. I assume that
> this is a feature and is because of HFS case insensitivity. Is this
> right? Is it possible to have the capital letters in the backup up
> filenames?

Yes, that is exactly the reason. It is possible to have uppercase letters
in the backup filenames, but not if the target directory is not case
sensitive (in other words, for the situation you describe: no). The correct
case will be used if a restore is performed.

Keith

  Small business computer support: http://www.tiger-computing.co.uk
       Linux consultancy: http://www.TheLinuxConsultancy.co.uk