Re: [rdiff-backup-users] anybody working on the librsync-1.0 version

From: David Kempe
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] anybody working on the librsync-1.0 version
Date: Mon, 08 Nov 2004 22:36:28 +1100

Martin Pool wrote:
On  7 Nov 2004, Farkas Levente <address@hidden> wrote:
is there any api changes or just a recompilation is required?

There are API changes; in particular a lot of the API has been removed
in an effort to simplify it.  In particular the only way to get input
into and out of the library is through a very simple form of callback.
I should check whether or not this will sit well with the Python
wrappers.  I'll post a link later.

I think Farkas was reffering to librsync 0.9.7 api changes. But anyway - I just tried 0.9.7 with 0.13.4 on debian testing and debian stable and it works nicely. Compiles ok, installs ok and doens't even choke on a massive file I was crashing on before.

dave