Re: [rdiff-backup-users] anybody working on the librsync-1.0 version

From: Farkas Levente
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] anybody working on the librsync-1.0 version
Date: Sun, 07 Nov 2004 11:59:01 +0100

Martin Pool wrote:
On  6 Nov 2004, David Kempe <address@hidden> wrote:

Farkas Levente wrote:

hi,
anybody working on the new version against the new librsync-1.0 (http://librsync.sourcefrog.net/) compatible version of rdiff-backup?
thanks.

not that I have heard of - Ben has woken up now - maybe he will do something. While they are at it, whoever does work on it, might want to consider making the windows version of the code more usable. Happy to supply testing/coding platforms.

My 1.0 cleanup of librsync is not ready for use yet, so it would be
premature to rework rdiff-backup to use it.

is the api are frozen? if so ot's possible to start work on it to be ready when librsync will ready.

However, it would be a very good thing if everyone upgraded to librsync 0.9.7.

is there any api changes or just a recompilation is required?