Re: [rdiff-backup-users] rdiff-backup compatibility with older versions?

From: David Kempe
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] rdiff-backup compatibility with older versions?
Date: Tue, 02 Nov 2004 23:16:04 +1100

abhi wrote:
Firstly does this combination of version numbers designed to work together?

no

If no, why? I thought as long as we are at same/compatible level of librsync (>= 0.9.6) things should work. no?

many other things changed between those versions. fs detection, metadata in a file etc. 0.13.4 is stable enough these days

dave