Re: [rdiff-backup-users] rdiff-backup + smbfs = :'(

From: David Kempe
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] rdiff-backup + smbfs = :'(
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 12:32:40 +1000

Marc Provitt wrote:

        I can barely read python, so I've been unable to dig deeper than
this.. rdiff-backup is waaaay to convenient for the task of backing up unix
over smbfs to ntfs, I really have a difficult time believing nobody else is
doing this, what braindead thing am I doing wrong/missing?

I hazve tried it and gave up as it didn't work for me. I didn't try CIFS tho - you can give that a go?

dave